Happy Valentine’s Day! “EACH DAY OF OUR LIVES, WE MAKE DEPOSITS IN THE MEMORY BANKS OF OUR CHILDREN” ~Charles R. Swindoll
Over the years, I’ve learned that children really don’t remember special occasions because of the gifts they received. What they REALLY remember are the traditions and special experiences tied to the occasion.
Want to turn this Valentine’s Day into a special memory your family will never forget? Do something simple but out of the ordinary!
GO CAMPING INDOORS! You can easily build an indoor fort by using couches and bedsheets. Let your children help design the space. When our kids were young, we had a small tent, so on special occasions we would assemble the tent in the middle of the family room and throw in some pillows and sleeping bags. Then we would all climb in, nice and cozy!
- Grab a flashlight and prop it up for soft lighting.
- Grab your favorite books and music. Pass the time reading and singing silly songs together!
- Make a snack together and have a picnic in the tent.
- Make up stories together. Take turns having each person add to the story.
- Snuggle up and share what you are grateful for.
- Add your own favorite things to do!
Turn it into a tradition! It really doesn’t have to cost you a penny to make memories that last a lifetime!